JULY 6-24, 2020
Join the University of Cincinnati for an experience you will never forget! In just three weeks, you and fellow students will take courses in communication and presentation skills, entrepreneurship, and negotiation management. You will also get to explore the city of Cincinnati during guided extracurricular activities.
We enrich your educational experience with guest speakers and field trips to local businesses, giving you a look at real-world approaches.
Extracurricular activities may include:
- Taking a riverboat cruise on the Ohio River
- Attending a Cincinnati Red’s baseball game
- Viewing the animals at the Cincinnati Zoo
- A welcome dinner and farewell dinner
Program cost $2400 includes:
- On-campus full board accommodation (3 weeks)
- SEVIS Fees for issuing F1 Student Visa ($200)
- USA Visa Fees
- On-campus Medical Insurance coverage up to $50,000
- On-campus gym membership (3 weeks)
- UC ID card
- Airport transfers in Cincinnati
- Upon completion of the program, students will receive a certificate of completion from UC
And does not include: Flight tickets
- Students will be exempted from the program’s tuition fees (i.e. $6,450)
- Throughout the trip, students will be chaperoned by FUE professional staff
Who can apply?
- 2nd & 3rd levels only for students of FCBA, FEPS & FCIT
- 3rd & 4th levels only for students of FET
- Minimum CGPA: 2.00
- English proficiency is a must
About UC’s Summer Program:
The program is designed to offer candidates with the know-how that gives them an edge in developing their “professional experience”. Classes are held from Monday through Friday for 6 hours per day.
WEEK 1: ARTFUL COMMUNICATION & PRESENTATION SKILLS
Professor Vittoria Daiello
What does it take to communicate a vision, inspire others, and facilitate inclusive dialogues? This course provides a creative palette of personal tools and strategic methods for communicating across differences and presenting ideas with impact and integrity. Bring out the best in yourself and others through artful communication and innovative approaches to presentation.
WEEK 2: ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Professor Charles H. Matthews
This course provides students with a foundation for enterprise creation, exploring issues like crafting a business plan, creating organizations in pursuit of your entrepreneurial objectives, effectively leading as an entrepreneur or member of a team, and evaluating new venture concepts.
WEEK 3: NEGOTIATION MANAGEMENT
Professor Whitney Westrich
What makes an effective negotiator? We will focus on enabling you to become a more informed, effective and perceptive negotiator by practicing various approaches and concepts and gaining the strategies you need to negotiate in unfamiliar environments, cultures, and conflicts.
- Program duration: 3 weeks
- Online registration deadline: 2/2/2020
To register: Log onto the student portal and choose International cooperation, and fill in your data
For more information, contact the Intl Aff Representative from your faculty:
FCBA: Dr Ghada Refaat: [email protected]
FEPS: Dr Salwa Thabet: [email protected]
FCIT: Dr Heba Mohsen: [email protected]
FET: Dr Yehia Serag: [email protected]